Oral English Practice
Listen and repeat the sentences below.
报到与签证 (Registration & Visas)
Welcome to our university! Please show me your passport and admission notice.
欢迎来到我们大学!请出示您的护照和录取通知书。
You need to complete the medical examination before applying for the residence permit.
申请居留许可前,您需要先完成体检。
Please make sure your visa is valid for the entire semester.
请确保您的签证在整个学期内都有效。
You must register your living address at the local police station within 24 hours.
您必须在24小时内到当地派出所登记住宿地址。
Can you provide two recent passport-sized photos?
您能提供两张近期的护照尺寸照片吗?
Your residence permit extension will take about three weeks to process.
您的居留许可延期大约需要三周时间来处理。
Please fill out this registration form in capital letters.
请用大写字母填写这张注册表。
Have you paid your tuition fees for this academic year?
您缴纳本学年的学费了吗?
Keep this receipt safe; you will need it later.
请妥善保管这张收据,您稍后会用到的。
If you change your phone number, please inform the office immediately.
如果您更换了手机号码,请立即通知办公室。
We need a copy of your visa page and the entry stamp.
我们需要您的签证页和入境章的复印件。
Please remember to renew your residence permit 30 days before it expires.
请记得在居留许可过期前30天进行延期。
Illegal employment is strictly prohibited for international students on a student visa.
持学生签证的国际学生严禁非法打工。
Let me double-check your documents to ensure nothing is missing.
让我仔细检查一下您的文件,确保没有遗漏。
Your student ID card will be ready next Monday. You can pick it up here.
您的学生证下周一能办好。您可以在这儿领取。
宿舍生活 (Dormitory Life)
Cooking in the dormitory rooms is strictly prohibited due to fire safety regulations.
由于消防安全规定,宿舍内严禁做饭。
The dormitory entrance will be locked at 11:30 PM every night.
宿舍大门每天晚上11点半会锁门。
Please respect your roommates and keep the noise down after 10 PM.
请尊重您的室友,晚上10点以后请降低音量。
You can recharge your electricity card at the machine on the first floor.
您可以在一楼的机器上充值宿舍电卡。
Trash must be sorted and thrown into the designated bins outside the building.
垃圾必须分类并扔进楼外指定的垃圾桶里。
Overnight guests are not allowed in the dormitory without prior approval.
未经事先批准,宿舍内不允许留宿非本楼人员。
If any of your furniture is broken, please submit a repair request via the campus app.
如果您的家具损坏了,请通过校园APP提交报修申请。
The shared kitchen must be cleaned up immediately after use.
公共厨房使用后必须立即清理干净。
Please turn off the air conditioning and lights when you leave the room.
离开房间时请关闭空调和电灯。
Using high-power electrical appliances is forbidden and may cause brief power outages.
严禁使用大功率电器,否则可能会导致短暂停电。
Your room deposit will be refunded after room inspection upon checkout.
退房时经过房间检查后,您的住宿押金将被退还。
The washing machines and dryers are located in the basement laundry room.
洗衣机和烘干机位于地下室的洗衣房。
Please do not hang wet clothes directly over the heating radiators.
请不要把湿衣服直接挂在暖气片上。
Bicycles should be parked in the designated area, not inside the building.
自行车应停放在指定区域,不能停在楼内。
Make sure your door is locked securely every time you go out.
每次出门时,请确保房门已经锁好。
学习与课程 (Academics & Courses)
You can select your elective courses online starting from next Tuesday.
您可以从下周二开始在网上选择您的选修课。
Attendance is compulsory. If you miss too many classes, you will fail the course.
考勤是强制性的。如果缺课太多,这门课将会挂科。
If you are sick, you must submit a doctor's sick leave certificate to your professor.
如果您生病了,必须向教授提交医生的病假条。
The midterm exam schedule will be announced on the notice board outside the faculty office.
期中考试的时间表将在院办外的布告栏上公布。
Plagiarism is a serious academic offense and will result in strict disciplinary action.
抄袭是严重的学术违规行为,将导致严格的纪律处分。
You have two weeks from the beginning of the semester to drop a course.
开学后您有两周的时间可以退课。
Credits from your previous university must be evaluated by the degree committee.
您以前大学的学分必须由学位委员会进行评估。
Class sizes are kept small to encourage discussion and interactive learning.
班级规模较小以鼓励讨论和交互式学习。
Don't hesitate to ask questions if you don't understand the assignment.
如果您不明白作业要求,请不要犹豫,随时提问。
The library offers a quiet study area on the third floor.
图书馆三楼提供安静的自习区域。
Have you joined the WeChat group for this specific class yet?
您加入这门课的微信群了吗?
Make sure to submit your final essay before the deadline. Late submissions won't be accepted.
请务必在截止日期前提交最终论文。逾期不候。
Your GPA will directly affect your eligibility for the scholarship next year.
您的GPA(平均成绩单)将直接影响您明年的奖学金申请资格。
If you need tutoring, the student union provides free help sessions on weekends.
如果您需要辅导,学生会周末会提供免费的帮扶课程。
All your grades can be checked in the university's online student portal.
您所有的成绩都可以通过大学的在线学生门户网站查询。
日常行政办理 (Daily Administration)
Please line up and take a number from the machine.
请排队并从机器上取号。
The international student office is open from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM on weekdays.
留学生办公室工作日的开放时间是上午8点半到下午5点。
You need the dean's signature on this document before we can stamp it.
这份文件需要系主任签字后我们才能盖章。
Can you send that document to me as a PDF attachment via email?
你能把那份文件以PDF附件的形式发邮件给我吗?
I will notify you as soon as the scholarship results are officially released.
奖学金结果正式公布后我会第一时间通知你。
Please read the guidelines carefully before asking questions that are already answered there.
提问前请仔细阅读指南,很多问题的答案都在里面了。
Do you have your student ID card or passport with you to verify your identity?
您带了学生证或护照来核验身份了吗?
I can write a certification letter stating that you are a student at our university.
我可以写一封证明信,证明您是我们大学的学生。
This procedure might take a few working days, so please be patient.
这个流程可能需要几个工作日,所以请耐心等待。
Our system is currently under maintenance. Please try applying again this afternoon.
我们的系统目前正在维护中,请今天下午再尝试申请。
Have you updated your personal contact information in the school system recently?
你最近更新过学校系统里的个人联系方式吗?
Your request has been approved and forwarded to the financial department.
你的申请已经获批,并转交给了财务处。
Make a photocopy of this document and keep the original for yourself.
请复印一份这份文件,自己保留原件。
Please sign your name and write today's date at the bottom of the page.
请在页面底部签名并写上今天的日期。
If you have any other questions, feel free to drop by my office during working hours.
如果你还有其他问题,欢迎在工作时间来我办公室。
医疗与安全 (Medical & Emergencies)
Are you feeling unwell? Do you need me to take you to the campus clinic?
你不舒服吗?需要我带你去校医院吗?
In case of fire, do not use the elevator. Take the stairs immediately.
发生火灾时,切勿使用电梯。请立即走楼梯逃生。
The emergency number for police in China is 110, and for an ambulance, it's 120.
中国报警的紧急电话是110,救护车是120。
Do you have international student medical insurance?
你有留学生医疗保险吗?
Save all your hospital receipts; you'll need them to claim reimbursement from the insurance company.
保留好所有医院收据;你需要它们向保险公司申请理赔。
Please avoid drinking tap water directly; always drink boiled or bottled water.
请避免直接饮用自来水,请喝烧开的水或瓶装水。
Watch out for online scams. The police will never ask you to transfer money to a safe account.
当心网络诈骗。警察永远不会要求你将钱转入所谓的安全账户。
If you lose your passport, you must report it to the police station where you lost it.
如果你护照遗失了,必须向遗失地的派出所报案。
Do you have any allergies or pre-existing medical conditions the doctor should know about?
你有什么过敏史或其他医生需要知道的既往病史吗?
The campus security can be reached 24/7 at this number.
你可以通过这个电话号码全天24小时联系校园保安。
It’s important to dress warmly today; there is a severe cold wave coming.
今天多穿点很重要;强寒潮要来了。
Please remain calm and follow the instructions given by the staff during the emergency drill.
在紧急演练中,请保持冷静并听从工作人员的指示。
I can help you translate your symptoms to the doctor if you need.
如果需要的话,我可以帮你向医生翻译你的症状。
Take this medicine twice a day after meals as prescribed by the doctor.
谨遵医嘱,这药一天两次,饭后服用。
Don't go to unapproved swimming areas. It's very dangerous and there are no lifeguards.
不要去未经批准的游泳区。那里非常危险且没有救生员。
文化交流与日常协助 (Culture & Daily Help)
Culture shock is very normal. Give yourself some time to adjust to your new environment.
文化冲击很正常。给自己一点时间来适应新环境吧。
Would you like me to help you set up an Alipay or WeChat Pay account?
需要我帮你开通支付宝或微信支付吗?
Riding a shared bike is a very convenient way to get around the campus.
骑共享单车是校园里非常方便的出行方式。
Taking high-speed trains in China is fast and comfortable, but you must book tickets in advance during holidays.
中国的高铁既快又舒服,但是在节假日期间你必须提前订票。
Let me show you how to use this mobile app to order food delivery to your dorm.
我来教你怎么用这个手机app点外卖到宿舍吧。
We are organizing a cultural exchange event next Friday. It would be great if you could join us.
下周五我们要组织一场文化交流活动。如果你能来参加就太好了。
It's a Chinese tradition to bring a small gift when you are invited to someone's home.
受邀去别人家做客时带点小礼物是中国的传统。
You don't need to leave a tip in restaurants in China; the service charge is usually included.
在中国餐厅你不需要留小费;服务费通常已经包含在内了。
If you feel homesick or sad, the university counseling center is always here to listen.
如果你想家或者心情不好,大学的心理咨询中心随时准备倾听你的心声。
Learning a few basic Chinese phrases will make your daily life much easier here.
学几句基础的中文短语会让你的日常生活轻松很多。
Please respect the local customs and try to be open-minded about cultural differences.
请尊重当地风俗习惯,对文化差异尽量保持包容的心态。
Can we find a time to chat briefly about how you are settling in?
我们可以找个时间简单聊聊你安顿得怎么样吗?
Try some authentic Chinese food! The dumplings in the east canteen are fantastic.
尝尝地道的中国菜吧!东区食堂的饺子棒极了。
A Chinese buddy will be assigned to help you navigate your first few weeks.
我们将为你分配一名中国语伴,帮助你度过最初的几周。
I hope you have a wonderful and rewarding experience during your study in China.
希望你在中国留学的这段时间不仅开心,而且大有收获。